Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Watchman

I'm still not really John Galt, and I don't consider myself any kind of a prophet, but I really feel compelled to relay a warning one more time. If I'm as wacky as all those 19th century “preachers” predicting a specific date for the Second Coming, or Eep and Meep (remember them?) getting ready to board the Mother Ship as the Hale-Bopp comet passed by, well, then, so be it. I am none the less compelled to share with you a warning. How you take it is entirely up to you – I will not be obsessively dwelling on this in future posts -I promise!. Please see Ezekial 33:1-20

We are tumbling headlong into a time of massive social unrest and upheaval.

I have had this unsettling nagging in my soul for quite a while, but in the last few weeks, things keep popping up that compel me to speak up.

1)Glenn Beck had a one hour special asking experts “what's the worst case you see” for America in the next few years. No one claimed any probabilities, but all felt some dire scenarios were certainly probable if not likely.
2)We are in the season of Lent, and every daily reading from the Book of Common Prayer has been a reminder that God allows those who forget him only so much slack. Jeremiah warns in stark terms what lies ahead for those who forsake God for other idols.
3)A guest priest at my church felt compelled to abandon his planned sermon, and stated that he truly felt like this was a time of God's judgement for America.
4)I read about David Wilkerson, author of “The Cross and the Switchblade”, and a long time pastor in NYC. What he had to share is linked here - http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=91097
5)My last post posited the possibility of a solar plasma surge- sort of a super flare- that could severely damage our power transmission grid. That news just came out last week, and I also mentioned the possibility of an EMP weapon. Two days ago Newt Gingrich wrote about an EMP attack, and how unprepared we are to deal with it.
6)Finally, today, I received an e-mail ad from a Townhall.com affiliate offering a complete course on surviving the coming social chaos.

I don't see black helicopters hovering over my house, but I'm also not blind enough to ignore all the signs of the times. I don't need to reiterate every rotten thing this new administration has done, but anyone with a lick of common sense can see where we're headed. So this is your watchman speaking: get yourself right with your God and your family, and remember the Boy Scout Motto, Be Prepared!
Disasters of all kinds, natural and man-made, happen all the time, and the time to prepare is now. Even if you don't think any major disaster will happen to you, it takes very little time, effort and money to assemble a very basic short term survival kit. It could make all the difference for you and your loved ones, so don't delay!

I now return to my activist role in helping to plan the KC Tea Party rally on 4/15. Please think about attending one in your area, and help get the word out. We need to sound a trumpet call so loud that Washington DC will finally wake up from their drunken stupor. Every voice counts, so make yours heard!

2 comments:

desertrat0073 said...

People will be April's fool if they do not heed the warnings that are before us. I also urge all people who have any common sense to join the Tea Party in their town on April 15 to mark the first step of showing this Congress and Administration that they will feel the almighty wrath of "We the People".

No Idle Hands Textile and Fiber Artist said...

Thank you for this inspirational blog.